Wizz Air is a popular low-fare airline in the U.K. and services its passengers at its best. Planning a holiday starts with booking a flight ticket. Even a single mistake can ruin the magic of an entire holiday. One of those mistakes is name correction. Therefore, to avoid this situation, Wizz Air change name came up with an excellent policy.
In addition, corrections in flight tickets are no longer hectic with the Wizz Air feature. However, passengers should know all the terms and conditions before initiating the name change process.
What is the Wizz Air Name Change Policy?
Wizz Air allows passengers to make name changes easily. However, they need to comply with Wizz Air’s changed name policy. While looking for the name correction, passengers should consider the following points:
- Passengers can change names online till three hours before the departure.
- In the online process, passengers can change only misspelling corrections. For other corrections, passengers can call the Wizz Air agent.
- However, if passengers contact customer service on call, there may be a transaction fee along with the name change fee.
- In addition, if passengers want to extend the spelling of their name, then there is no fee.
- If passengers require a Wizz Air name change marriage, they can do so without paying any charges. However, passengers need to provide proof of ID or a marriage certificate for such a change.
- Similarly, for adding a middle name, passengers do not need to pay any change name fee.
- If passengers misplace their first name and surname, then contact the Wizz Air representative. In this case, passengers do not need to pay a transaction fee.
How Do I Change My Name on Wizz Air?
If you have entered the incorrect spelling of your name, then Wizz Air’s passenger name is there to assist you. However, if you do not know how to make changes in name, then follow the below process:
- Visit Wizz air official website or open the mobile application
- Next, tap on “Booking.”
- Similarly, enter the confirmation code and surname
- Tap on the search button
- Go to the “name change” option on the right corner.
- Passenger name will display on the screen
- further, make the necessary changes and tap on the submit button
- On the next page, make the payment if required.
- On successful payment, you will get the confirmation on the registered email and phone number.
Passengers can also use the offline process for the Wizz Air name change. Follow the below steps:
- Dial the Wizz Air customer service number. You will get the number on the official website.
- Listen to the IVR prompts carefully
- Press the key to choose a language
- Press the key to choose your concern
- Further, an agent will connect with you.
- Share your request with him
- Similarly, provide the necessary travel details to agents
- Make the payment, if any, required for the process
- Finally, get the confirmation by email or text
How Much is the Wizz Air Change Name Fee?
Name correction is common in ticket booking. Therefore, Wizz Air may charge a fee to rectify the error. For the online name change process, passengers need to pay a fee of 50 euros.
In addition, passengers are eligible for Wizz Air to change their name on the ticket up to 3 hours before the departure. On the other hand, a name change may include a complete name change on a flight ticket.
For name change through call, passengers may also need to bear a transaction fee along with the name change fee.
However, there are some situations when passengers misspelling their names do not incur charges:
- Passengers misspelled equal or less than 3 letters in their name.
- Passengers want to make changes in gender
- If passengers need to pronounce abbreviations related to travel documents,
- In the above situations, airlines allow name change free of cost once per passenger. However, on the second correction, airlines may charge a fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to change the name on a Wizz Air account?
Wizz Air’s change of name on the ticket allows passengers to make corrections in name. Therefore, passengers can do it online through a website or by calling customer service.
What if I made a mistake on my Wizz Air flight?
If you have made a mistake while booking the flight ticket online, you can use the free online option to make corrections. For other types of name corrections, passengers can talk to someone at Wizz Air customer service.
Is there any Wizz Air change name fee?
Yes, passengers need to pay a fee. However, in some situations, airlines allow name correction without any fee. To know more about it, call Wizz Air customer service.
Read More Name Change Airlines Policy: