Are you planning to change your flight on JetBlue Airlines? It could be due to a change in travel plans, personal emergencies, illness, or flight cancellations/delays by Airlines. However, you don’t have to worry as you can submit JetBlue change flight requests to change or cancel reservations.
You can make the changes using Jet Blue airline’s website, mobile app or by contacting the reservation department. However, the flight change fees and limitations will apply as per the type of ticket you purchase.
JetBlue Airlines Flight Change Policy
JetBlue Airlines provides a really convenient and flexible policy for changing flight reservations. Have a look at the JetBlue flight change policy below:
- JetBlue Airlines allows all fare holders to change or cancel the flight anytime they want at no extra charge. However, the airline charges change/cancellation charges from passengers with Basic Blue fares.
- You can change reservations for up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure time, either online or by phone. You can contact the airline staff at the airport to make any last-minute changes.
- If the expense of your new flight is more than the original one, pay the difference. You can use TrueBlue points to pay the difference if the new flight is eligible for payment with points.
- If you decide to cancel your flight instead of changing it, you might get a credit for future travel with the airline. It depends on the fare rules of your original ticket.
- JetBlue waives change and cancellation fees for Mosaic members and for those who are on the same reservation itinerary as a Mosaic member.
- Passengers can change travel dates within the same cities or nearby ones in original bookings at no extra cost.
- Passengers can change flight bookings anytime they want as long as the change is at least 2 hours before the scheduled departure. However, a no-show passenger with a non-refundable fare will lose the fare value with no refund.
How to change Jetblue flight?
If you need to submit your request for Jetblue change flight online, you can do it in the following two ways:
Online via JetBlue Airlines website or mobile app
- Log in to your TrueBlue account using www.jetblue.com (the official website of the JetBlue airlines). Or, install the airline’s app to manage flight bookings and make changes easily.
- Now, select the “Manage Trips” option, and a drop-down list will appear at the top of the page.
- Login into your TrueBlue account using your flight booking details. The details may include the confirmation number and the passenger’s last name.
- After successful login, you will see all your reservations with the airline. Select the flight reservation you want to change and tap on the “More” option.
- Then, select the ‘Change flight’ option to change the date, time, and destination of your flight.
- Follow the prompts to choose a new flight and pay the fare differences (if any).
Another way to rebook a JetBlue flight is through the customer service number. You can talk to a representative who will help you change your flight.
Can I call JetBlue to change my flight?
You can use Jetblue change flight phone number to contact the airline staff and request them to change your flight. Do as follows:
- Dial JetBlue’s customer service number 1-800-538-2583 to connect with the reservations department.
- Select the IVR instructions and press 4 to connect with an airline representative.
- Once connected, explain to the representative that you would like to change your JetBlue flight.
- Provide your flight booking number and other necessary information to the representative.
- Explain the reason for the change and provide the new flight details that you would like to book.
- The representative will inform you about the availability of a flight to your preferred destination and the fare difference (if applicable).
- An airline staff will then help you to change your flight bookings as per the requirements.
- Now, the airline person will ask you to pay the difference to confirm the change.
- After the payment is completed, you will get a confirmation email with your new flight bookings. Check all the information mentioned in the confirmation email and act on time.
If you still have any questions, ask the airline agent for help before the call ends.
Note: Not all fares on JetBlue airlines are eligible for flight change. Thus, if you have a basic fare, cancel your flight bookings and book a new flight to your preferred destination.
Does jetblue charge to change flights?
JetBlue Airlines charges flight change fees for passengers with Blue Basic fares. To change your flight, there might be some charges depending on your flight route & destination. Check the examples given below:
- Passengers traveling to Central & North America and the Caribbean will pay $100 per person for JetBlue flight change. For changes in other routes, the change fee is $200 per person.
- Also, the difference between the price of your original flight and the price of the new flight is a must to pay when changing flights on the airline.
- To change to an alternative flight available on the same day, pay the JetBlue flight change fee of $75 per person. However, all Mosaic members are allowed to get free changes and cancellations.
All the above charges will also include fare differences between your original and new flight bookings. Passengers who have points in their TrueBlue account can check if their new flight is eligible for payment with points and use them to pay their flight expenses.
How to avoid paying the jetblue change flight fee?
There are no cancellation and change fees for all passengers with confirmed bookings (except passengers with Blue Basic fares). However, if you are someone with the basic economy fare and want to change flights to Jet Blue for free, here are some tips for you:
Change jetblue flight within 24 hours of booking.
The 24 hours after booking a flight is a grace period where passengers can make any changes at no charge. Also, canceling the flight within 24 hours of booking will make you eligible for a complete refund regardless of your fare type.
Contact jetblue customer service to change your flight
If you want to change your flight last minute, try to contact their customer service. If you are changing or rebooking the flight due to some emergency, explain your situation and see if they can waive the fee.
Jet Blue changed flights for one person.
If you are traveling alone and want to make changes due to some emergency, you can talk to an airline person and request them to let go of the change fees. Doing this will work more if you are flying domestic flights.
Pay using points to change JetBlue flights.
If you have a TrueBlue account or a credit voucher from your previous JetBlue trip, use them to pay the fare differences. If you don’t have points, ask a family member or friend to transfer the points to your TrueBlue account.
The airlines will definitely help passengers to make JetBlue flight changes. You can do it online using the ‘Manage Booking’ section, and if you have issues changing your flight, contact the airline staff. However, keep in mind that contacting the airlines and asking the agents to make the required changes for you will include a service charge.
Read More Related Blog Posts: