When flying with the major American airline, Alaska, you might need to correct spelling while providing passengers details. One such mistake is misspelling the name of the passenger. However, there is nothing to worry about, as Alaska Airlines name change policy will surely save you.
Providing accurate passenger details is a must while booking a flight to ensure that you have a hassle-free travel experience. In this blog, we are going to discuss how you can correct or change the name on your Alaska flight bookings with or without a fee.
Can you change the name on the Alaska Airlines ticket?
Yes ! The airlines generally allow passengers with Alaska wrong name to change their name because of marriage, divorce, and adoption. You must have government documentation to help the airline verify your details and make the required changes. However, in such cases, the airline will only change the passenger’s surname.
For more information, you must read the terms and conditions of the Alaska airline name correction policy. It will help you to avoid any name change expenses and get the changes done on time.
Types of Tickets Name Change Policy for Passengers
If you get a wrong name on Alaska flight bookings, make corrections as soon as possible, as it can restrict your flight travel. Here are some terms and conditions included in Alaska name change policy to help you make decisions on time.
- Alaska Airlines name change marriage: If you get married, you need to show legal documents to prove the changes in your name. These could include your ID, a legal marriage document, or other relevant proofs.
- Name change request in case of Divorce: If you’re going through the divorce process, provide related legal documents. These documents include the court orders and some legal information about your divorce case.
- Child adoption: If you have adopted a child and want to change his/her name on flight bookings, submit adoption papers for verification.
- Alaska Airlines 24-hour grace period: Make Alaska Airlines name change within the 24-hour window after booking a flight. The ‘Manage Bookings’ option can help you change names in Alaska without any fee.
- Restrictions in name change: Alaska Airlines doesn’t allow the transfer of tickets to another person. Doing so can lead to restrictions for the person, even if they have a confirmed booking. Instead, you must cancel your reservation and create a new one if you need to change the full name.
For hassle-free travel, check if your flight booking information matches that of your government ID. If it doesn’t match, you won’t be allowed to board the flight.
How do I change my name on Alaska flight booking?
You can change your name on an Alaska Airlines flight ticket, either online or over the phone with an airline assistant, no matter what the reason is.
Tips 1- Alaska Airlines Name Correction Online
- To change your name online, type www.alaskaair.com on a suitable browser.
- After you enter the website, click on the ‘Manage Travel’ option on the page.
- Then, enter your ticket information and select the flight for name changes.
- Look for the option to change the name and hit the button.
- You will now be able to make name corrections on Alaska Airlines and save the changes.
- Now, pay the applicable amount for the name change, if any, and you are ready to fly with your correct information on the reservation.
You can follow the same steps as above when using the Alaska Airlines app and launch the app instead of the website first.
Tips 2- Offline Alaska Airlines Name Correction
- If you want to change your name on call, you can contact Alaska Airlines customer service using the number of your region. Or, you can get in touch with Alaska Airlines at 1-800-252-7522.
- Follow the automated instructions and select option 3 (Manage Reservations) on the IVR.
- Once the call connects, tell the representative that you want to change the name on your flight ticket.
- Now, provide the airline staff with your flight booking details, including the confirmation number of your flight tickets.
To change the name on your Alaska Airline account or Mileage Plan account, contact the customer service number at 1-800-654-5669.
Alaska Airlines Name Correction before Flight Departure
If your name on Alaska reservations is incorrect before departure, get in touch with an airline person at the airport counter and follow the steps below:
- Passengers are requested to arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before the departure time for flight, baggage, and security checking.
- Visit the assistance counter and look for an airline representative available to assist you.
- Share your concern about the incorrect name on your flight bookings and submit your government ID and flight booking details.
- The airline representative will make the necessary changes to your reservation and give you a new boarding pass with the correct name.
- You can now go to the security checkpoint with your new boarding pass and valid identity documents.
Note: It’s always best to double-check your reservation before leaving for the airport to avoid any last-minute issues.
How much does it cost to change your name in Alaska?
When you book a ticket with Alaska Airlines, you can change your name for free within 24 hours of the reservation. But after 24 hours of your flight booking, name changes on Alaska Airlines will cost you $125. As the cost depends on the timing of the name change, go through the following charges:
- If you want to make changes on the day of your flight, Alaska Airlines charges $25-50 as the name change fee.
- Passengers with Saver fares are not allowed to make any changes, but you can cancel the flight within 24 hours and get a full refund.
- If you have a flight booking on Main and first class fares on Alaska Airlines, you can make name changes for free.
- Alaska Airlines allows you to make minor changes to your name, like correcting spelling mistakes for up to 3 characters or updating your name after a legal change for free.
Alaska Airlines understands the situations of a passenger and often provides free name changes for marriage and divorce passengers. However, if your government ID still holds the unchanged name, it’s fine to fly with your government name on Alaska Airlines. For more information, you can always use the Alaska Airlines reservations department’s number in your region.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if my name is spelled wrong on Alaska Airlines?
To correct the spelling of your name on an Alaska Airlines ticket, you can either pay a fee online or contact customer service. You can also visit their official website or talk to an agent for assistance.
Can I change my name on the Alaska account?
Passengers who want to change their name on their Alaska account must give all the required documents, like a valid government ID for name verification. To find out more about how to do this and what documents you’ll need to provide, you can get in touch with Alaska’s customer service.
What do you need to change your name on Alaska reservations?
You must have supportive documents like divorce, marriage, and adoption certificates for changes in surname. However, for other minor changes in the name, you can provide your passport, birth certificate, and other government ID.