Is there a sudden change in your travel plan? If your answer is yes, then do not worry. You can rebook your ticket if you have made your reservation through Lufthansa Airlines. There are instances when passengers face issues while rebooking their tickets. In this blog, you can find all the details about the Lufthansa flight rebooking process and the rules and regulations that should be kept in mind while rescheduling your flight.
Lufthansa Rebooking Policy:
A passenger should be aware of the rebooking policy before rescheduling the flight.
- You can rebook your ticket within 24 hours of making the reservation.
- The tickets should be directly purchased from the Lufthansa Official site to make the rebooking.
- Flights that Lufthansa operates can only be rebooked.
- You cannot rebook the flight on the same day for long-haul trips.
- The route and the class should be the same for rebooking.
- You can get a full refund if Lufthansa cancels the flight.
- Rebooking must also be done within the ticket’s validity period to avoid rebooking fees.
How can I rebook Lufthansa Flight Online?
If you are planning to reebok your Lufthansa flight online, you can easily avail the feature through the web portal of Lufthansa Airline. To Rebook your flight, follow the steps given below:
- In the first step, open the website of Lufthansa.
- In the second step, login to your account using your personal details.
- Then, navigate to the “ Manage Bookings” section.
- Now, you can make the amendments here.
- To make changes to your flight, enter your booking details.
- After entering your “Reference Number” and “Full Name,” search for your flight.
- Afterward, click on Next to retrieve your booking details.
- Now, select the reservation you want to make amendments to.
- Click on “change flight” from the menu.
- If applicable, pay the requested amount.
- At last, check for the confirmation mail in your registered mail address.
How to reschedule Lufthansa flight Offline?
If the traveler faces issues while rebooking a Lufthansa flight online, you can opt for the offline option. The Lufthansa representative will help you with your rebooking process.
- First and foremost, Search for the official number of Lufthansa Airlines on the official website.
- You will find the contact information in the “Contact Us” menu.
- Now, dial 1 (800) 645-3880, and an IVR will follow.
- Listen to it carefully and press the suitable key.
- After some time, the Lufthansa representative will connect with you.
- Then, provide your flight details and request a rebooking.
- Next, the representative will acquaint you with the available flight.
- Select a Flight and pay the amount.
- At last, verify by checking the confirmation mail.
How can I rebook my Lufthansa Flight using Mobile Application?
You have the option to rebook your flight through Lufthansa mobile application.
To rebook your flight via the app, follow the steps:
- First, download the application from the App Store.
- After that, install the application on your mobile phone.
- Now, launch the application and log in to your account.
- Further, click “menu” to find the “View and Amend” option.
- Now, navigate to “Manage Bookings.”
- Then, enter your booking details to retrieve your flight information.
- Click on the rebooking option and choose a suitable flight.
- After making the modifications select the payment method
- At the pay the amount to confirm the rebooking.
How much is rebooking fee Lufthansa?
Depending on the difference between the original and reprinted rates, Lufthansa might charge a fee of $250 to $1000. This cost may also contain an extra change fee depending on when the flight change request was made.
Additionally, travelers have limited time to change their flights. Accordingly, the new flight must leave within 14 or 50 days, depending on the fare.
Will Lufthansa rebook my canceled flight?
If Lufthansa cancels one or more of your booked flights, the airline will automatically rebook your ticket once for free to a new flight with the same cabin and destination. If the airline reschedules an alternative flight that doesn’t fit your plans, you can choose an alternative on your own.
Can I Rebook Lufthansa Flight With Points?
The loyal customers of Lufthansa can earn miles and points that can be used while making future reservations. You can follow the rebooking process mentioned and select travel points as the payment method during checkout.
How to Change Lufthansa Flight Destination?
Lufthansa does not allow you to make changes in the departure point and rebook your trip to the desired location. On the other hand, you can alter your flight online by going to the Lufthansa website.
- Following that, select “View & Modify flight details.”
- To cancel and rebook your flight, log in and keep your login details close at hand.
- After making a payment, you may also select the best flight and destination, the kind of seat, add luggage or meals, and complete your ticket booking.
Can I change the name on a Lufthansa flight?
Yes, you can change your name on Lufthansa only if you have a clear justification for a name change. Otherwise, Lufthansa does not permit name changes from one individual to another. Lufthansa does not permit name changes after the booking unless there are changes to the passenger’s legal name, such as a new surname or name.
Documents such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order must be produced as legal proof of a name change.
- The ability to modify one’s name or personal information is available to passengers traveling with miles and more (papers are needed).
- Only Lufthansa Customer Service can be contacted to change your personal details.
- Complete any necessary payments, if any, and get an email confirmation of the name change.
Simple Steps to Change Passengers Name on Tickets
If the flight booking was made using Lufthansa Airlines miles. And now you want to modify the name on the ticket. Name correction is possible with Lufthansa Air via their official website.
Check out the steps below to change your name on the ticket.
- Check out the Lufthansa website.
- Visit Login and enter the appropriate information.
- Both Miles & More and Lufthansa Id can be used to sign in.
- After logging in, select “My Account” by clicking on your name.
- After selecting “Edit,” scroll down and make the necessary adjustments.
- Finally, click “Save Changes.”
Frequently Asked Questions:
What does rebooking mean on Lufthansa?
Rebooking means rebooking your flight with the same destination and in the same travel class. It is free of charge. Both your travel class and your final destination are flexible. You can use your ticket on a later flight, which will still be valid.
Can I change my flight date after booking Lufthansa?
The rebooking must be completed before the ticket expiration date, typically one year after departure. To do this, kindly visit My Bookings, and contact the Service Centre or your travel agent immediately.
Can I cancel Lufthansa within 24 hours?
Suppose a reservation was made seven days or more before the flight’s departure through one of Lufthansa’s online booking channels. Customers may cancel the ticket without paying a fee up to 24 hours after making the reservation.
Read More Related Blog Posts: How to Manage My Booking with Lufthansa Airlines